Disable/remove "libsocialweb-core"

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Nov 29 19:22:52 UTC 2011

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" (johannbg at gmail.com) said:
> On 11/29/2011 04:50 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > rpm -e --nodeps
> >
> > (when in doubt, try the obvious thing.)
>
> Perhaps your solution to solve all your problems is with "rpm -e
> --nodeps $foo" then eat what breaks for breakfast  but rpm -e --nodeps
> is not something I can recommend to novice end users not even as a
> workaround around for this nor is this something would ever propose to them.

The query was '[your] gnome-shell', not any random novice user. There are
a variety of solutions that are appropriate for a short term local fix
that aren't relevant for wider distribution. (There was one in the
referenced bug as well.)

In any case, if your reaction to a single unintentional bug in one
upstream component is to wax profoundly about upstream project directions
and the future of the desktop... step back from the computer and take a few
deep breaths. As much fun as rousing the rabble might be.

(Well, two unrelated bugs, but still...)

Bill