gnome-menu changes

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 13 09:18:35 UTC 2011

Am Montag, den 12.09.2011, 09:55 -0400 schrieb Colin Walters:
> On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 20:28 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> >
> >      1. The python module is no longer shipped, is this intended?
>
> Yes, this is covered in the git logs.  It's been replaced by
> introspection.

Thanks for the info. As this change caused problems for other packages
(#737112), too, a heads-up would have been nice. I really cannot read
all scm logs of all the deps of my ~ 150 packages.

> >      2. redhat-menus is no longer used. IHMO think this is a step in the
> >         wrong direction because we no longer have consistent menus
> >         between desktops. What is the future of redhat-menus?
>
> Dunno, the GNOME bits in Fedora don't use it is all I can say.
>
> >      3. Now that redhat-menus are not used anymore, can we please have
> >         all *.directory and *.menu files from gnome-menus properly
> >         prefixed with "gnome-"?
>
> Why is it a problem?

Look into /etc/xdg/menus or /usr/share/desktop-directories and tell me
which files belong to which package.

All files are properly prefixed, only the  GNOME and the redhat-menu
ones are not. redhat-menus even references on of the GNOME files without
depending on it and this problem was not spotted during the review.

> But sure, feel free to make a patch.

I'll do this later once I have finished my dayjob work.

Regards,
Christoph