How Do I Prevent Apps from Opening in Maximized view (SOLVED - sort of)

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 3 18:48:05 UTC 2012

On 08/02/2012 06:21 PM, Ray Strode wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I believe this happens any time the initial size of the window is "close" to maximized.
>
> I don't know off hand if there's a way to turn that off out of the box, but I don't think so.
>
> --Ray

Thanks for the response it gave me an idea that works.  Seems if I
alt-F5 to unmaxize the app's screen, then make it somewhat smaller and
then normally exit the app, the next time it is auto started when I
logon to G3 shell, it is NOT maximized.

I see that with the current version of gnome shell, the idea is that an
app should take up the entire screen when it is opened.  Hopefully that
will change sometime with the addition of a user parameter to change the
behavior.

--
Regards,
OldFart