Request for review: new desktop groups

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 20:15:57 UTC 2012

> Bastien Nocera (bnocera at redhat.com) said:

> > > NetworkManager-gnome is dead, having been replaced by both
> > > network-manager-applet and nm-connection-editor, among others.  At this
> > > point, the Shell is functional enough that we don't need
> > > network-manager-applet anymore for GNOME desktops.  But we still need
> > > nm-connection-editor.
> >
> > We'll need it until we can get rid of fallback :(
>
> OK, I will make the appropriate substitutions. As an aside:
>
> *NetworkManager*{-glib,-openvpn,-vpnc,etc.}
> *network-manager*-applet
> *nm*-connection-editor
>
> Not saying we need 100% consistency, but a little might be nice.

Would be  nice, and I tried to create "NetworkManager-applet" repos on
gnome.org when we moved the git repos there a few years ago, but for
whatever @%#%@# reason gnome.org has a policy of refusing StudlyCaps
repo names.  So I had to name the repo network-manager-applet.  And
since our package names follow our tarball names...

Dan