include LibreOffice by default

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 10 14:10:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 09:27:11AM -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
> LibreOffice on the DVD and not install it by default. It just wastes user
> bandwidth (it has to be downloaded from the Internet later) and time.
> Office suite is something that 99% of users need. Also it is a regression

Citation needed on that percentage. :) I think a large number of people

 1) don't need an office suite at all
 2) need Microsoft Office for compatibility or work-mandated reasons
 3) use Google Docs or another online service

Since LibreOffice is relatively large, I can see a reasonable argument for
leaving it out if it lets us put more shiny things into the LiveCD.