include LibreOffice by default

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 10:23:53 UTC 2012

I think somehow gmail ate my reply yesterday. Here it is again

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I think a large number of people
>
>  1) don't need an office suite at all
>  2) need Microsoft Office for compatibility or work-mandated reasons
>  3) use Google Docs or another online service

As an Ambassador, I can testify 'Why is LibreOffice not on the Live
Image?' is a FAQ. Of course we can debate to death if these users are
the majority, or even a significant number to justify a jump of 130Mb.

However, we also get negative points on online reviews for the very
same reason. Since an office suite was removed due to space constrains
that are now gone, I am all for adding it back and worry about it when
more shiny things will be needed in the image and they will not fit in
the 1Gb limit.

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com