include LibreOffice by default

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 14:57:13 UTC 2012

---

> I (obviously) would like to see it on the LiveCD and it's always
> deeply
> frustrating to see LibreOffice on other distros equivalent offerings.

---

> As an Ambassador, I can testify 'Why is LibreOffice not on the Live
> Image?' is a FAQ. Of course we can debate to death if these users are
> the majority, or even a significant number to justify a jump of 130Mb.

These seem to be two relevant voices here. As long as we're shipping all the other default apps on the live image, I'm ok with adding LibreOffice. We can revisit things when application installation works better. So, take this as my +1 for including libreoffice in the f18 desktop live image. It may be a little late now, but maybe we can still squeeze this change in.