PackageKit gtk module warning

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Jun 1 16:49:41 UTC 2012

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Could the PackageKit-gtk3-module package be updated to not have GTK2
> apps looking for a non-existant module?

One idea would be to rename the PackageKit-gtk3-module module from
libpk-gtk-module.so to libpk-gtk3-module.so. Would this be acceptable?

P.S. Instead of ignoring this issue and hoping anyone who talks about it
goes away --- can we please take the 30 seconds required to fix this?
I'll write up patches if that would get the ball rolling. Every Linux
distribution has a bug report open for this message. Unfortunately they,
too, are shoving it under the rug.