Only fingerprint authentication to unlock screen in Gnome3 F16?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 22:06:47 UTC 2012

Hello,

I recently got my fingerprint reader to work. I can now use it to log in
to my system as an alternative to entering the password. However, when I
lock my screen (ctrl alt l), or when it gets locked with the
screen-saver automatically, I cannot enter my password to unlock it. The
only way to unlock it is the fingerprint reader. The text box is greyed
out. Is this intentional? Shouldn't both methods be available? eg
(happened today): If I'm snacking at my desk and my right hand is
unclean, I would like to type in my password with my left hand and get
on with some work (like check mails or view a video or surf the web
etc.) Of course, in this scenario my right index finger is the
registered one.

If I click on switch user and go back to the gdm login screen, I can
then use both the password and fingerprint reader to login to my user
again, but this isn't the same really.

Can someone please confirm this behaviour? I shall file a bug if it is
one.
--
Thanks,
Regards,