Fedora 17 Beta RC1 desktop validation needed

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Mar 25 14:19:07 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 09:36:16 +0000,
   Debarshi Ray <rishi.is at lostca.se> wrote:
>We need this farstream-0.1.2-2.fc17 build for video calls to work:
>http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=309372
>
>Can it be included in the beta?

You have to submit it as a beta blocker via bugzilla. If it gets voted as
a blocker it will get in. If it gets voted as nice to have it will get
include if another release candidate gets built after it gets that
designation.

However, I don't think not being able to make video calls is going to
get voted in as either nice to have or as a blocker.

Information about how this works is at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Blocker_Bug_FAQ
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_blocker_bug_process
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_17_Beta_Release_Criteria
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_17_Alpha_Release_Criteria

Note we will probably cover blockers in tomorrow's QA meeting as
we need to have an accepted Beta RC early this week in order not
to slip. It looks like there may be one blocker that will force
another Beta RC build. (Things are still developing and it isn't
official that we need another Beta RC yet.)