Updated Fedora Workstation PRD draft

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Mon Dec 16 23:17:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-16 at 21:30 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Everything that the Gnome community is doing ( and to a certain extent
> is influencing us in the process you know the whole installment of
> application outside the distribution ) is leading up to them releasing
> their own GnomeOS which makes Fedora entirely irrelevant in the process.

GNOME OS is definitely not a product intended to replace mainstream
distributions like Fedora. To the extent that I understand the concept,
it either refers to (a) the vision of a core set of system components
with generic names ("Videos," "Web," "Document Viewer") that are
identifiable components of the operating system, in contrast to normal
apps, or else (b) a mini distribution for GNOME developers to work on
GNOME development.