centre cursor after boot

Ray Strode rstrode at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 15:24:19 UTC 2013

Hi,
> > Who's "we"? There's no code like that in gnome-settings-daemon, and
> > my
> > mouse is always at the top-left as well. Xorg? gdm?
> >

> I thought that gdm does.

What's going on is, it's not able to query the monitor configuration and so
is hitting a "just put it at 0,0" fallback.  I've just pushed this change:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gdm/commit/?id=47b21f6f0d35c684f855fc033df777600e625f07

to make the fallback slightly better (but still not great in the case of a multihead
configuration).

We probably need to get GDM out of the pointer handling business, though, and instead
move that handling to gnome-settings-daemon or the shell.

--Ray