Late Gnome Test Day report

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jun 12 02:00:45 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-11 at 10:22 -0400, Martin Holec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is quick summary of Fedora 19 Gnome[1] Test Day.
> Thanks to everybody who joined this event. Especially developers and QEs who were available during all day on IRC and were assisting users with their testing.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2013-03-21_Gnome_3.8
>
> = Fedora 19 Gnome Test Day report =

> Please developers have a look at the following bugs (if you didn't
> yet) as one of motivations for users to attend Test Days is that found
> bugs will be fixed soon via updates after installation.
>
> Note, after almost 3 months there are lot of NEW bugs in Red Hat
> Bugzilla in contrast to many RESOLVED in Gnome Bugzilla. If you need
> any help with triaging bugs and testing bugfixes, feel free to contact
> me.

Thanks Martin! I just did a quick triage run through the RH bugs, and
now it looks like this:

923102 CLOSED ERRATA - crash in intel_pstate_timer_func on virtualization
923364 CLOSED ERRATA - [3.7.92] Despite moving mouse in Black Screen(Blank Screen), gnome-shell doesn't switch to unlock screen
923994 CLOSED ERRATA - gdm has no user list
924229 NEW  - unabel to boot fedora installed from liveCD - propably EFI bootloader?
924264 NEW  - cannot be selected as a default app
924266 NEW  - Cannot close an application in Activities if a modal window is currently blocking it (for Shotwell and Revelation)
924273 NEW  - crash when viewing shotwell imported image
924277 CLOSED DUPLICATE - crash when scrolling
924285 CLOSED ERRATA - crash when doing organizing
924290 CLOSED NOTABUG - no quit super menu item
924295 CLOSED ERRATA - print option does nothing
924303 NEW  - searching photos cannot be turned on/off
924306 CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE - SELinux is preventing /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-localed from 'search' accesses on the directory xorg.conf.d.
924312 CLOSED ERRATA - favourite icon is sooo ugly and should be placed better
924315 CLOSED ERRATA - no options bar after first right click on picture
924329 NEW  - print test page does nothing
924343 NEW  - after switching on/off stealth mode the other options state is not preserved
924360 NEW  - Keyboard layout set on login screen doesn't persist after login
924368 NEW  - svg not supported
924370 NEW  - combo box disappears after first click
924371 CLOSED ERRATA - Set keyboard layout on one place only
924376 NEW  - cannot zoom
924378 NEW  - Unable to login as another user from the lock screen if the current user has no password
924379 NEW  - cannot zoom with numerical +/-
924385 NEW  - nouveau: graphic corruption after while
924392 CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE - Seahorse segfaults on startup
924396 CLOSED RAWHIDE - gnome-shell switching to All applications is very slow
924403 NEW  - dragging icon of running Firefox to new workspace creates and destroys the workspace
924409 NEW  - The master volume slider is not updated when changing volume
924699 CLOSED DUPLICATE - SELinux is preventing /usr/libexec/gdm-session-worker from 'write' accesses on the file .pwd.lock.
924776 CLOSED ERRATA - SELinux is preventing /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-localed from 'unlink' accesses on the file 00-keyboard.conf.
924795 NEW  - No users on gdm when using "switch user" feature
924800 CLOSED ERRATA - root account in "User" dialog
924808 NEW  - Shotwell is always opened on firs workspace
924813 NEW  - Hide "enable account" for users with no password
924816 CLOSED ERRATA - Weird behavior of lock screen / gdm
927327 NEW  - gnome-settings-daemon should cap maximum resolution at 2048 pixels in either dimension on Intel adapters that lose 3D acceleration above 2048
950051 NEW  - I can add multiple alarms on same time
950062 NEW  - Alarm doesn't run in background

Closed some more out, but confirmed quite a lot more are still valid 3
months later (some are NEEDINFO, unfortunately my dumb 'bug list'
command doesn't identify needinfo'ed bugs).

Desktop team...I know you have this thing about not reading RH
bugs...but it really does mean you miss out on what looks like some
valuable information. Can't it be re-considered? Couldn't you at least
task someone to take a sweep through the Test Day bugs?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey