The new gnome-software application

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Mar 5 21:39:39 UTC 2013

Richard Hughes (hughsient at gmail.com) said:
> On 5 March 2013 19:29, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> > In any case, it's an area where we're sorely lacking, and it would be a
> > large shame if those working on this in GNOME can't work together with those
> > working in the Fedora space to satisfy the needs already mentioned there.
>
> It's lucky the upstream maintainer also uses Fedora. Hint: me. :)

It's not just the using of Fedora I'm looking at here. Realistically, this
thing would only end up being used on SuSE/Novell & Fedora/RHEL as a start -
Ubuntu is obviously going to go their own way. I'd assume you have some
requirements from SuSE people and are talking to them about what they'd want
to add here; I'd expect the same from the requirements we have for Fedora.
Especially since we don't want to have to reinvent this tool for every
desktop that happens to be out there, as much fun as that is.

Bill