The new gnome-software application

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 18:40:48 UTC 2013

" I think we can put the db and the icons with the repo metadata, and use some
 (cross-distro, perhaps?) web service for the screenshots".

Brainstorming on:

Is that possible to have an Desura like website that keeps together
the extra modules and apps(eg. gnome extensions), and package
management including package building service (FPM), QA, news, testing
dates, bodhi services, personal app collections, package tags, and our
online RPMDB services?
Similarly as we did package tags, we can also make picture and
description database, and package notes/messages from devs and share
it with others. As we have several bricks and services already for
this pyramid - I think this web way would be awesome. Also if I think
through, our start.fpo with this could gain a new meaning with more
news from QA, community, and packages announces with descriptions. Add
one more FAS login, and every user has access to the right level on
this site.

Brainstorming OFF. HTH.

Zoltan.

2013/3/6 Elad Alfassa <elad at fedoraproject.org>:

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Ryan Lerch <rlerch at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> 1.1M    f18.db.xz
>>> 11M     f18-icons.tar.xz
>>>
>>> Richard.
>>

>> The mockups also contain screenshots, is the idea that these will be
>> packaged and updated separately also?
>>
>> cheers,
>> ryanlerch
>>

>> --
>

> I think we can put the db and the icons with the repo metadata, and use some
> (cross-distro, perhaps?) web service for the screenshots.
> --
> -Elad Alfassa.
>
> --

PGP:  06853DF7