Improving the Fedora boot experience

Kalvin Lee kalvinist273 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 03:45:06 UTC 2013

I too like the current bootloader. Admittedly, in the interest of
"average" users (like me) the described idea doesn't sound too bad. I
for one don't pay much attention to which kernel I'm booting; I just
select the most recent one.

On the other hand, sacrificing functionality for prettiness is rarely a
good thing in my book. I suggest we instead give people /choices/ as
opposed to forcing defaults - what's not broken shouldn't be changed at
this point, and if people want to modify their bootloaders, the least we
can do is make it a little easy for them. Some prepackaged solutions
with well-written documentation should be enough to pacify most people,
I think?