Fedora Logo on the login screen

Allan Day allanpday at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 12:50:28 UTC 2013

Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> http://macservicesact.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/New-Mac-OS-X-Lion-Login-Screen.jpg
>
> I've never seen this screen before, and I am dismayingly stricken by
> the similarly except for the fact that Apple has given their logo an
> approximately 50 x 50 px presence centered above the user login dialog.

Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. ;)

One thing that is noticeable about this design is that they have made
the logo less visually prominent by giving it an embossed appearance.
Given the concern to reduce the attention grabbing nature of the logo,
this certainly has merit.

Allan
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org