Fedora Logo on the login screen

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 15:50:26 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Ryan Lerch <rlerch at redhat.com> wrote:>
> Finanally, a question. If we don't have the sign the doorway to Fedora, then
> where should the name of the brand be presented?  I think it would be a step
> backwards to have the OS brand mark polluting the main interface of the
> desktop that a user stares at for 8 hours a day.

It is since we started shipping Gnome 3.0 in Fedora 15 that I feel the
Fedora branding was reduced to almost zero.
You can, with a good confidence, instantly tell if a user is running
Windows, OSX or Ubuntu when he attaches his PC to a projector. Not so
with Fedora and Gnome. At this point, I would consider at least
gaining a presence for the logo in the background image, so it would
show up on lock screen and partially on the overview.

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/giallu - http://twitter.com/giallu