Fedora Logo on the login screen

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 02:53:14 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 22:33 -0400, Ray Strode wrote:

> > And actually I think there are people
> > who _don't_ want that. The guys who run nine terminals in a 3x3
> > square
> > on fluxbox or whatever probably don't want a top-to-bottom-integrated
> > experience, but they might want to configure their keyboard once in a
> > while.

> There are ways to configure the keyboard with one of the nine
> terminals, without using gnome-control-center or using system-config-keyboard.

Well, sort of, but they've changed in both the last releases and are
probably going to change again in the next one (you're supposed to do it
via loginctl, right now), so a UI you can rely on to exist and to do the
right thing is the kind of thing even your super-ninja user would
appreciate. Even super ninja users don't actually _enjoy_ researching
how we've changed our configuration layout for the sixth time in five
releases. =)

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey