Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Fri Nov 1 14:24:20 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,
Attached is the draft PRD for the Workstation working group. The
proposal tries to be relatively high level and focus on goals and
principles, but I have included some concrete examples at times to try
to provide some clarity on how the goals and principles could play out
in practice.

I hope the community at large will take the time to read through it and
provide feedback so that when the working group meet next we can use
that feedback to start tuning in on the final form of the PRD.

Also in the name of openness, before I sent this here, I showed the PRD
draft to key stakeholders and decision makers inside Red Hat, to ensure
that we have the necessary support for these plans to get the kind of
engineering resources allocated from Red Hat we will need to pull this
off.

Sincerely,
Christian F.K. Schaller

P.S. I am celebrating both our wedding anniversary and my wifes birthday
this weekend so I will not be able to be online a lot. That said I will
make the time to go online to check my email from time to time so that I
can respond to any questions that has come in, just don't expect
immediate answers from me this weekend :)