Default Services in the Fedora Workstation

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 6 15:36:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Elad Alfassa <elad at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi.
> Does the "Fedora Workstation" vision means we can disable (or even remove)
> all enterprise stuff (nfs, iscsi, and lots of other pointless services for
> desktops) by default in our product?

It could.  I don't think we're quite to that level of detail yet though.

> Can we, for example, ask the Anacoda team to make dependencies on
> enterprise-class storage optional, thus enabling us to not ship it by
> default on the workstation product?

I doubt this is really specific to anaconda.  I don't think they want
to create a separate installer for all the products and they are going
to need those dependencies on the install media to accomplish installs
for other products.  That doesn't mean the enterprise-class packages
need to be _installed_ on a Workstation install though.

josh