Power saving by default in Fedora Desktop

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 15:52:57 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Elad Alfassa <elad at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
<snip>
> The compositor should not be in charge of doing the kernel schedulers
> job. What makes sense is to throttle drawing of background windows
> (window != application btw.) and we do that already.

Do applications get access to that data? Because I can see some use for that,
especially for network clients. There's no point in updating the display of my
tweet feed if it's hidden, and there's not much use polling every 10 seconds if
I can do that every minute instead (or have a helper do it for me so the rest of
the app can be killed/hidden and still receive notifications).