LISA conference, Fedora, and the sysadmin use case.

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 21:03:22 UTC 2013

>> As Bastien said, we'd really need more specifics on this one - there are
>> some general issues we know of (e.g. vertically stacked monitors don't
>> work well) - but I'm uncertain what ones would be of relevance to
>> sysadmins. I'm not even sure what the breakdown for sysadmins is between
>> laptops and desktops - which have very different considerations for
>> multi-monitors.
>
> Some complaints I've heard, off the top of my head:
>
> - no way of saying "launch on this monitor"
> - window placement is forgetful when hotplugs are involved

It's often forgetful of monitor config and layout config in general
when it comes to hotplug in general whether that be via dock or cable.
The previous release was generally pretty good. I travel a lot so will
move between single monitor and docked options alot and in F-20 it's
become some what time consuming where it mostly use to "just work" in
F-19.

Peter