Updated Fedora Workstation PRD draft

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 17:11:12 UTC 2013

On 11/26/2013 04:26 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-11-26 at 15:00 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> On 11/26/2013 01:47 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>> I think you're conflating the PRD with a marketing document.
>> When using PRD's you are supposed to first create CRD
> Charles River Development ?
> Council for Resource Development ?
> Computational Research Division ?
>
> nope, nope, nope.
>
> Comping up empty here...

Sorry slip on the keyboard..

MRD + PRD go hand in hand.

The market requirements document ( MRD ) describe the opportunity or the
market need like why the user should chose Fedora Workstation over
anything that the other distribution have to offer or are out there on
the market, what advantages it will bring him etc.

The product requirements document ( PRD ) describe a product that
addresses that opportunity essentially how the output from the
workstation WG will proved that added functionality.

So the first step in the process is to complete the MRD the second step
is to complete the PRD and I'm not aware of anyone in the marketing
community writing MRD for any of the WG's ( or the WG's themselves
coming up with one ) and these goes hand in hand.

For this process to effectively work as advertised both steps need to be
complete not just the half of it.

In addition to that applying something like PRD's on open community is
rather a bold move since it's purpose is very specific.

JBG