Updated Fedora Workstation PRD draft

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 23:01:25 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 11:34 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I don't think we should aim at the general user, because not only is that
> nebulous, it has all of those same problems.

That happens to be what every successful desktop (and mobile) OS have
been doing.
They built a system that is generally useful, they don't really care
whether you are a developer, graphics designer, gamer or whatever.

If the operating system works for the general user case it works for
pretty much everything else (it is just a matter of installing the
right applications / tools).

An operating system designed for a specific user type is doomed to end
up being a niche OS.