Draft Workstation WG Governance Charter

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 30 19:14:27 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> Giving the FESCO rep a two year term seems to be a potential problem as they
> wouldn't be guaranteed to be in FESCO for two years and most of the time
> you'd probably want the rep to be a member of FESCO. Maybe the FESCO rep
> should just serve at the pleasure of FESCO?

I opened a ticket[1] for clarifying exactly what FESCo intended with
the liaison role.  They just decided that:

1) The FESCo liaison is always a member of the WG's decision making body
2) WGs can decide how the FESCo liaison is selected, including the
possibility of asking FESCo to select.  (As FESCo is above the WGs,
FESCo could ask WGs to re-choose.)

So the role isn't "a member of FESCo on the WG".  It's "a member of
the WG that acts as the liaison to FESCo".  I'll clarify this in the
next draft I send out.

josh

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1186