desktop spin alpha readiness

Debarshi Ray rishi.is at lostca.se
Sun Sep 1 23:51:28 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 05:41:56PM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
>> Ryan Lerch and Allan Day, have proposed that we don't install
>> transmission, simple-scan and gnome-photos by default anymore, and
>> instead feature them prominently in the app installer.
>
> I would just rather have Photos and Image Viewer (eog) by default than
> Shotwell.  (Unless Shotwell's actually going to be updated for GNOME 3?)

Speaking as the main developer of Photos, I don't think that it is ready
for prime time, yet. It lacks:
 - a search provider for GNOME Shell
 - ability to import content from removable devices, cameras, etc.

So I agree with the proposal to not install it by default for F20.

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
Life is like bein' on a mule team.  Unless you're the lead mule, all
the scenery looks about the same.