GNOME 3.9.91 megaupdate

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 20:27:24 UTC 2013

On 09/02/2013 07:37 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Could we have avoided this conflict by scheduling better in advance?

We might have been able to do slightly better, because GNOME schedules
are published in advance and set pretty much in stone. In the end, it's
hard to plan for this though because we tend to slip often with Fedora
(there has already been a two-week adjustment to F20 schedule:
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1095#comment:12)

What really matters is to have the final releases of Fedora and GNOME
roughly in sync (by the way, thanks for everyone involved for making the
shorter F20 schedule work!). It's not much of a problem if there are
small scheduling issues with Alpha / Beta releases, as long as the final
Fedora release doesn't come too late after a GNOME release.

I think what's happening now is perfectly fine: GNOME release arrives a
day or two after Fedora freeze, we package everything up quickly and if
it's good, include it as a freeze exception. If it's problematic, leave
it for after freeze.

There's some small annoyances involved, but slipping the whole Fedora
just to wait for GNOME 3.9.91 wouldn't be a worse solution, in my opinion.

--
Kalev