[Design-team] Different Backgrounds for the Lock Screen vs the desktop

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Sep 6 16:50:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-09-06 at 13:28 +0300, Elad Alfassa wrote:

>         I kinda like the bland grayish login background on F19.  I
>         suggest that
>         stays the default.  We can always brainstorm on alternatives.

That is a misunderstanding.

The login screen stays with gray, which is the color we use to indicate
'system context'. What is becoming configurable in f20 is the screen
shield. It was blue by default in f19, since it was using the same image
as the default background. In gnome 3.10, the default upstream image is
a pinkish sunburst image. I'll be the first one to admit that it takes
some getting used to.