[Design-team] Different Backgrounds for the Lock Screen vs the desktop

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 17 13:20:06 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 05:14:36AM -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > There's a gnome-shell extension to disable it.
> Oh, that's so great! It wasn't there when I was looking for it. Here it is:
> https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/672/disable-screen-shield/

I've found this to be a little buggy -- it doesn't always work, and
sometimes when it does work, it seems to introduce a delay.

If those could be worked out, I think we should consider making this
extension installed and enabled by default in Fedora -- we have had a number
of user mailing list questions where people were clearly confused.