[Design-team] Different Backgrounds for the Lock Screen vs the desktop

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Sep 18 15:57:14 UTC 2013

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" (johannbg at gmail.com) said:
> On 09/17/2013 11:07 PM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> >On Tue, 2013-09-17 at 16:33 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> >>It will be delivering the Fedora Gnome Spin
> >How will the "Fedora GNOME Spin" differ from the default "Desktop"
> >product?
>
> That discussion is off topic for this mailing list so I suggest you
> subscribe to [1] and take that discussion there.

On the contrary, I think it's entirely appropriate to ask why, if we already
have a desktop spin and corresponding SIG(ish) that is based on GNOME and
contains a large number of upstream GNOME developers why we would have a
second spin with 95% overlap, what it's trying to solve, and what the
differences would be. Is it expected that they would merge efforts? Diverge
further? Are those working in upstream expected to be involved in both? (Or
did they even want both?)

Bill