[Design-team] Different Backgrounds for the Lock Screen vs the desktop

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Wed Sep 18 22:48:03 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On 09/18/2013 03:57 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
<snip>
> >   Are those working in upstream expected to be involved in both? (Or
> > did they even want both?)
>
> They can if they want to as is with anything, nobody is forcing anything
> upon anybody here nor am I asking or expecting anyone to do any
> additional work here.
>
> I suggest next time you guys go witch hunting you actually bother to
> read the SIG description which should have answer at least some question
> that was being asked here and I suggest as I have suggested before that
> you take this discussion to the relevant mailing list if you want to
> discuss this further.

Which is linked from, hmm, here, because it wasn't in any of your e-mails to the list:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Gnome

"
The Fedora Gnome spin is maintained collectively by the Gnome SIG but should
essentially be following upstream module set for any given release starting
with 3.10 and only add packages that greatly enhanced that end user experience
run on top of btrfs filesystem on modern ( UEFI ) capable hardware.
"

Well, we don't use btrfs because it's not ready yet, and integrating better with UEFI
is already on the road map for GNOME, or at least to provide boot options in
the settings. That includes work on settings (obviously), but also very likely grub
or gummiboot, the installer, systemd, etc.

Having to maintain a separate spin isn't going to help us free time to work on this,
and even if we are frustrated by some technical decisions that end up being made for us,
we plough on, and try to provide better experience all the time.

A separate spin doesn't help.

Cheers