updated gartner report on PC shipments

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 12:37:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Elad Alfassa <elad at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> wrote:
>>

>> (This is in response to something Christian said at Flock in the Fedora
>> Workstation talk. I was trying to send it just to him, but apparently, I
>> fail at that. But, hey, it's actually nothing secret and generally
>> relevant,
>> so, here you go.)
>

> I think it was Matthew Garret who said this at GUADEC:
> Desktop sales are declining not because Desktop is dying, but because most
> people already have at least one desktop or laptop.

Yeah people consider the systems they have "good enough" and see no
need to buy new devices for the sake of buying new devices.
The same is starting to happen with the tablet marked (where the
growth is shrinking). As for smartphones carriers have found ways to
let people buy new phones every or every second year.

So not sure what this thread is all about.