updated gartner report on PC shipments

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 6 12:43:32 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 02:37:24PM +0200, drago01 wrote:
> Yeah people consider the systems they have "good enough" and see no
> need to buy new devices for the sake of buying new devices.
> The same is starting to happen with the tablet marked (where the
> growth is shrinking). As for smartphones carriers have found ways to
> let people buy new phones every or every second year.

Citation needed. I mean, that makes some sense, but I literally linked to an
analyst report which paints a different picture. (Not a bleak picture, mind
you -- it's one where we have opportunity.)

> So not sure what this thread is all about.

Well, it's a little out of context since I posted it by accident.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>