Developer focus for Fedora workstation

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 15:56:12 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 05:14:52PM +0300, Elad Alfassa wrote:
>> The audio quality is really problematic here, especially in the second
>> talk, and it makes it very hard to listen to the talks.
>> Can you some up the points you want to discuss for those of us who can't
>> watch the videos?
>
> At some point, but in the meantime here's the slides:
> https://langdon.fedorapeople.org/flock-2014-preso.html

I didn't watch the video (horrible sound) but from the slides

"Commit to holding Gnome at F21 version for 2 releases"

since when is this "current policy" ? Not only does the slides provide
no justification for that it is simply a no go (holds back wayland and
other efforts; user already where not really happy with the old
version in F20 due to the long delays; it disconnects us from current
upstream development; ...)