Developer focus for Fedora workstation

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 16:41:05 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-08-11 at 19:08 +0300, Elad Alfassa wrote:

> I also strongly oppose to not being in sync with upstream GNOME.
>
> If we want to stay relevant, we must have an up-to-date GNOME in each
> new Fedora release with all the improvements and bugfixes the new
> GNOME releases bring.

It was just a suggestion. With some goodwill, I would interpret it as

'provide stability, both in the user experience and in the APIs that are
used by application and extension developers'.

Concrete example: Make sure popular shell extensions don't break.

In other news, we've already begun to fulfill one of Langon's wishlist
items:

https://wiki.gnome.org/HowDoI/SearchProvider