Developer focus for Fedora workstation

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 15 14:00:16 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 11:01:26AM +0200, drago01 wrote:
> You do *not* need to drag it. You can just type you password. Or hit
> ESC or press Enter.
> Maybe it is not clear enough that you can do that though.

This is something I've repeatedly seen users struggle with. One particular
pain point is that shift/alt/ctrl do not clear the shield -- this is
contrary to the training/habits of people who have been using screensavers
for a long time, since it's "best practice" to use these keys to reduce the
risk of accidentally sending a meaningful key to an app below when the
screensaver clears.

I also think it would significantly simply things if the unlock-screen
password field were just _on_ that screen instead of conceptually hidden by
it.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>