Developer focus for Fedora workstation

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Fri Aug 15 15:43:49 UTC 2014

Matthias Clasen píše v Pá 15. 08. 2014 v 11:04 -0400:
> On Fri, 2014-08-15 at 16:18 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
>
> > I think thinking bigger than the above polish items would serve us
> > greatly. I have tons of things that annoy me as well [as a web
> > developer], but there must be bigger fish to fry out there.
> > What would it take for your friends who are developers to move over from
> > a non-free Operating System to Fedora, apart from window management
> > behaviour?
> > - Andreas
>
> Thanks Andreas - well said, and the right question to ask.

On the other hand, it often is "death by thousand cuts" situation. A lot
of Mac users would tell you that the reason why they use OS X are all
the tiny details that make it more friendly to them. Many of them don't
even have a significant concrete reason why they use it, except it's
easier and more convenient to use. So little details in UI do matter.
But I agree if there are big gaps to fill we should focus on them.

Jiri