Maybe it's time to say goodbye to start.fedoraproject.org?

Elad Alfassa elad at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 24 21:04:37 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 12:01 AM, Benjamin Kerensa <bkerensa at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you did use the default about:home this would also help support
> your upstream partner Mozilla who gains some revenue from search. As
> far as I know Fedora does not generate any revenue for upstream while
> distros like Ubuntu does.
>
> Obviously that revenue is really important and helps Mozilla cover its
> operating costs.

Sure, and I'm sure all of us in Fedora value Mozilla's contribution to
our ecosystem and the open web, but having about:home by default might
be problematic as it conflicts with our values of FOSS - it basically
promotes and endorses Google, a thing that is morally questionable and
that I'm not even sure if we are legally allowed to do.

--
-Elad Alfassa.