Image viewer applications

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Tue Aug 26 13:55:55 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-08-26 at 08:00 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> I think it makes sense to make eog the default image viewer, there's a
> lot of images people view that they won't want to import into a
> management app, but I think it makes sense to ship both.

Are you suggesting Shotwell over gthumb? If so, why?  gthumb does a much
better job of conforming to our HIG than eog and Shotwell, and it seems
to have a comparable feature set to Shotwell.

I think gthumb probably does good enough at previewing images without
looking like a photo manager (unless you press the back button, you may
not even realize it does photo management if you only use it for
previewing images) that we may not need eog at all. I was hoping to hear
some more opinions on this.

Michael