Maybe it's time to say goodbye to start.fedoraproject.org?

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 22:34:06 UTC 2014

Why not something like this:
http://start.ubuntu.com/current/?sourceid=hp

Fedora logo at top, Google Search (Fedora could take revenue itself or
share it with Mozilla or whatever it wants) and a few important links
below with icons.

One option and I would encourage Fedora to do this is to add a survey
asking what users want to see on your current start page and provide
some mockups and different ideas and go with what your users want.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 10:53:01PM +0300, Elad Alfassa wrote:
>> Generally, the start page was designed to somehow be a gateway for
>> Fedora to encourage people to participate and contribute. But I'm not
>> sure if it really works.
>
> The web stats for Fedora Magazine show start.fpo as our top referrer after
> search engines (in aggregate) and fedoraproject.org itself. It looks like a
> lot of people are using it and I'd hate to cut that off.
>
> I think a redesign might be in order, though.
> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> Fedora Project Leader