Release notes have a launcher - maybe we should remove that

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Aug 29 08:40:44 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

> > On 29 August 2014 08:25, Richard Turner <rjt at zygous.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Yeah, that was my thought too. Given there isn't such a category though,
> > > and
> > > if there was it would currently only contain the release notes, I'm not
> > > sure
> > > that Software is the right place for them.
> >
> > Right, agreed.
>
> Huh. You show the updates that were installed in the Updates panel. Showing
> something like that:
> http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/07/ios-5-1-update-now-rolling-out/
> in it wouldn't be that much of a stretch.
>
> It doesn't need to be the full release notes (in fact, I don't think that I
> would
> install the release notes package, not one with so much easily outdated
> data).

Well, not installing release notes package would even streamline release
process (release notes are being worked on by the release but we have to
make sure at least some up to date version is included in final compose).
I'd say docs guys prefer web too - it's easy to publish docs to web, it's
harder to release as package and maintain it. Let me check it with them.

Jaroslav