Release notes have a launcher - maybe we should remove that

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Sat Aug 30 16:20:21 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-08-30 at 16:14 +0100, Philip Whitehouse wrote:
> Maybe we can target Fedora 22 for this then if necessary. The
> original
> bug was raised about 2 years ago, it's not going anywhere..

I agree. It's not a big deal. Why not leave this be for now, and revisit
after F22 is released?

> Release notes, however you wish to spin it are not an *application*.

Yup.

> Talking about involving the relevant parties, have we had feedback
> from
> people on the Usability SIG as to whether it is confusing to have to
> look in Applications for something that is not an Application?

No, but check out this draft of the upcoming HIG, which will be released
next month:
https://people.gnome.org/~tobiasmue/hig3/application-basics.html

In particular, this rule: "In GNOME 3, only software that conforms to
these characteristics should install an application launcher."