TokuDB plugin missing from MariaDB

Peter Laursen jazcyk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 11:55:20 UTC 2014

Fedora 21 Desktop.  I have installed MariaDB (10.0.14) with yum from
Fedoara repositories. It runs fine - but the TokuDB storage engine is not
available

cd /usr/lib64/mysql/plugin
[root at localhost plugin]# ls
adt_null.so          ha_innodb.so              mysql_clear_password.so
auth_0x0100.so       handlersocket.so          qa_auth_client.so
auth_pam.so          ha_sequence.so            qa_auth_interface.so
auth_socket.so       ha_sphinx.so              qa_auth_server.so
auth_test_plugin.so  ha_spider.so              query_cache_info.so
daemon_example.ini   ha_test_sql_discovery.so  query_response_time.so
dialog_examples.so   libdaemon_example.so      semisync_master.so
dialog.so            locales.so                semisync_slave.so
ha_connect.so        metadata_lock_info.so     server_audit.so
ha_example.so        mypluglib.so              sql_errlog.so
[root at localhost plugin]#

.. no ha_tokudb.so file there

Also after adding the line "INSTALL SONAME 'ha_tokudb'" to
/etc/my.cnf.d/server.cnf,
the server will not start.

I think you simply overlooked the--"with_tokudb" configure option when
building? TokuDB is really an exitng and important storage engine in recent
MariaDB servers  and should be available. If I am right please provide an
upgrade to 10.0.15 soon with the TokuDB storage engine available.

This mailbox may not be the right one to report this. But this is the
option I have. In that case @somebody .. please forward to proper list (and
sorry for inconvenience caused).

--
Hilsen / Regards