GNOME features in Fedora 22 Workstation

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 16:20:44 UTC 2014

Is there a basic list of the user-facing changes that are currently
being worked on / completed for the GNOME that we are going to ship in
the Fedora 22 Workstation?

This would be super useful to focus our efforts here for what we want to
focus on for Fedora 22.

My two cents for areas to work in the interface (just from my experience
with fedora 21) would be:

* Notifications and the notifications area, and
* The overview. Adding some more powerful actions to the search would
fit well with the developer focus of the workstation. Some things like
being able to filter open windows with a text search, providing more
search results from the search providiers (on my laptop, i only get 3.5
results on the screen before i have to scroll), and being able to
specify a search provider explicitly when searching, if i am looking for
a file, i really don't want to see software matches, items from the
control center, etc.

cheers,
ryanlerch