Thoughts about Fedora 21 Desktop

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 9 17:41:57 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-12-09 at 08:15 -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> So I think a strong need remains for having a real root account on
> systems that are domain-enabled.

this was thread creep. There was no suggestion that creation of an admin
user be *required* - the suggestion was just that *if you do create a
user account during install*, it should be an admin by default.
basically, change the default state of the checkbox on the user creation
spoke.

personally I can't really see it as terribly important either way, if
people aren't going to read the darn screen I don't know what to do for
them, and anaconda does require that you at least *either* set a root
password *or* create an admin account, you can't lock yourself out of
admin privileges. But I wanted to point out that this was a
misunderstanding and sent the thread spinning OT.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey