F21: thank you!

Peter Laursen jazcyk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 16:47:56 UTC 2014

I don't subscribe to the devel list - only this one. I get more than enough
mails already. :-(

What is the criticism about (shortly)? The only complaint I have is Gnome,
that I never liked, - but I can see that 'spins' with other desktops are
available now (personally I would take the XFCE spin). I still don't find
Fedora as easily manageable as SuSE (what I have used occasionally  for
almost 10 years), but for a desktop user, I think F21 is a vast improvement
to previous releases. With some of the previous I had severe trouble
getting a functional network connection, for instance. This time I did not
come across anything essential that did not work 'out ofthe box'.

-- Peter

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Jiri Eischmann <eischmann at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd like to thank everyone who helped make the first release of
> Workstation happen.
> Someone who was brave enough to check the Fedora devel list in the last
> couple of days must come to a conclusion that things have gone the wrong
> direction with Workstation, but the feedback I have been receiving from
> users is by far the most positive since I've been around Fedora and that
> has already been a couple of years.
>
> Keep up the good work!
>
> Jiri
>
> --