Application is ready notification

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 18:49:47 UTC 2014

Just wondering if anyone here knows of the design rationale for the
(seemingly intermittent to me) notification i get informing me that an
application window is ready for my attention.

I seem to get these most when opening a file in the default application
from firefox, or opening an application from the terminal, or sometimes
when clicking on a notification from an application. In all cases when I
see this notification, I did want to see the application window to
appear and get focus.

There is a shell extenstion available to turn off this application is
ready behaviour, which I do use, but IMO, this would be a useful default
behaviour to have turned on in Workstation.

cheers,
ryanlerch