Application is ready notification

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 20:06:08 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 9:03 PM, Robert Marcano
<robert at marcanoonline.com> wrote:
> On 12/15/2014 02:25 PM, drago01 wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 7:49 PM, Ryan Lerch <rlerch at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just wondering if anyone here knows of the design rationale for the
>>> (seemingly intermittent to me) notification i get informing me that an
>>> application window is ready for my attention.
>

> There is something different on Fedora 21 on its behavior. I have a keyboard
> shortcut that map one of the useless ThinkPad keys (ThinkVantage) to launch
> Nautilus. On Fedora 20 it opened perfectly on top of all applications, on
> Fedora 21 it always appear under and the focus stealing prevention
> notification is triggered, so I think it is being more strict than on Fedora
> 20.

The intend was to make it  *less* strict ... in F20 it would always
show up when the target window is on a different workspace now we just
switch to the workspace. Maybe something else broke while doing those
changes. Please file an upstream (mutter) bug.