Underlying DE for the Workstation product, Desktop -vs- Workstation

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 13:26:31 UTC 2014

On 02/03/2014 01:07 PM, Christian Schaller wrote:
> <SNIP>
>> >I dont see any correlation between individuals working for Red Hat
>> >maintaining application or application upstream in RHEL being able to
>> >dictate and decide what happens in Fedora no more then any other
>> >individual working for another company and are the Gnome and KDE
>> >upstream and it's community aware that they are being "colored" by
>> >Fedora and it's workstation group?
>> >
>> >JBG
> As I said I don't think there is any dictating going on

Really why is the "workstation working group" dictating and decided that..

a) it's an single product
b) a single desktop environment
c) which desktop environment it is

As opposed to say

This is the baseline,expectation and criteria we have agreed upon for an
desktop environment to be considered an workstation product and then
simply have the DE*  and their surrounded sub-community's do what needs
to be done to meet the workstation criteria and become a workstation
"product".

Instead you have chosen the path of deliberately causing friction
between different desktop environment maintainers and the user base
surrounding their already existing community product and continue to
fuel debate that dates back all the way to RHL 6 thus well beyond the
entire existence of Fedora.

Why because Red Hat and employees are dictating that's why what other
logical explanation can there be?

JBG